Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fun with science (museum, not work), plus an ugly coyote

Took the kids to the science museum today.  My partner has been there several times with them, but I've never gone. We tend to divide up such trips rather than go as a whole family. It works for us, but I notice that most families have two parents attached at places like the museum.  Frankly, we just don't feel like we have the time--if we both went, the kids would go swimming or to the museum, etc less often.

Anyway, the museum is fabulous. My daughter is old enough to fully engage in it (instead of whine the whole time). And there is still enough there that interests my son.  Daughter keeps asking if we can go back soon, so it is a good thing I bought an annual family pass. 

We rushed home to get my son to baseball practice.  Then I  caulked the windows in the kids' rooms.  Partner had prepped the windows and bought all the stuff, but he really can't be trusted with the actual caulking (we found that out the hard way a few years ago).

On the way to pick up son from baseball, I noticed a coyote across the street from our house.  Just hanging out, no worries.  They've graduated from cats to small dogs lately, and our town has signs up warning of coyotes.  Great.  Our lab has been going after "something" when partner walks her at night.  Now we know what.  Good thing our dog is bigger than that bag-of-bones coyote.  The cat, however, would be a goner.

No comments:

Post a Comment