I am thankful for so much. My family most of all.
But Thanksgiving week is also the week when I try very hard to catch up on my backlog. This year is particularly bad. So I am also thankful that my family hasn't yelled at me yet for working this morning.
Meet my To-Do list:
- 1 term paper for Euro university (40 pgs) asap
- 36 papers for class (5-7 pgs ea) by Tues but haven't started yet
- 2 manuscripts for journals - both due in 2-3 weeks
- 1 book review for a journal - due last August :(
- revise and resubmit by Dec. 17 (this is what is killing me the most)
- prep campus lecture (new) to give Dec. 2
- continue to work on paper with student for submission by Jan. 31
- my book manuscript - draft last 3 chapters by May 2011
- Read and give comments:
- 2 chapters of colleagues book manuscript - due asap
- 2 chapters of grad student dissertation - due week of Dec. 6
- 1 article manuscript by grad student - due whenever she makes an apptmt with me and sticks to it.
- prepare two new course proposals - due a year ago
- all sorts of other little things
- Courses for next semester:
- prep an entire new course! gulp
- three letters of recommendation - not so bad
My son is bummed because nearly every single one of his friends has gone somewhere this week for the holidays. Unfortunately, I couldn't dream of taking a vacation right now. I so desperately need this week of no classes so I can catch up on work!