Saturday, February 12, 2011

Disappearances at the Mall--or, I thought the recession ended in summer 2009

I went to the mall today for the first time since Xmas and found out that the following stores and restaurants have disappeared, poof! 
  • Abercrombie and Fitch (and Abercrombie)
  • Guess
  • Restoration Hardware
  • Godiva chocolates
  • Ultimate Electronics
  • Cinnabon
  • Wetzel's Pretzels
  • Panda Express
  • McDonalds (yes, McDs!)
  • the pet store (aka the puppy mill shop; good riddance)
There were others gone too, but I can't remember what was there before.

Depressing.  I was expecting this in 2009.  Not 2011.  Note that the stores are among the most expensive stores in the mall.  I guess the wealthier among us are cutting back. 

In the meantime, the Apple store was absolutely packed--really, really packed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment